Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Signposts and cliches

So Sophie has taken to wandering off to another room, or behind the couch in order to get a little privacy when she fills her diaper. This is, they say, a sign she is getting ready to potty train. This seems uncomfortably early to me. Carly tears up when she does it. She is only 14 months old. But still she is so advanced.

On the topic of poo. We all know the clichés of toddlers digging into their diapers to produce the chunky bits inside. Well Sophie was a bit more sophisticated than that. She was running free and wild (nekkid) after a bath, when she ducked into the playroom and came out holding a massive poop. One that could have come from an adult. We were so proud. Of course, she waited until she showed it us before she decided to give it a taste. Luckily, we were able to dive at her and stop that...this time. Ugh... Ah the joys of parenthood. And now that story is captured for all to see and to humilate her when she comes of age to feel shame. I am so proud of myself.

BTW: Today she was playing with Carly's book threatening to rip the pages off, I took it from her eliciting a grumpy frown. So I say "Sophie where is your caterpillar book...you know.. 'he was still hungry'" She looks around and goes to the book picks it up and brings it to me. Baby Genius? I think so.
If you want to know more about Very Hungry Caterpillars read "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" by Eric Carle. Publisher: Philomel Books; Board edition (March 1, 1994) ISBN: 0399226907, visit your local bookstore to find it.

2 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Blogger Jeff Pollet said...

I love these stories about Sophie, Steve.

I mean, they don't all have to be about poop, but even those stories are good. Perhaps you should start a blog about her. I nominate the title: Socks and Poop.

 
At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm... I think it needs a subtitle, such as :
Socks and Poop : Notes from a Proud Father.
I hope Carly is doing well, she must be due soon. We expect more pictures, of course.

Amanda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home