Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Have I mentioned I really love my kids?

Today I was holding Will on my chest as Sophie went about playing. Then she approached and smiled at me and lil Will. She moved as close as she could get and patted Will on his legs, gently this time. I exposed Will's little feet, which for some reason fascinate and amuse Sophie to no end. She giggled and touched them gingerly. Then she approached and laid her head on Will and gave him a little hug and squeeze.

I nearly died.

2 Comments:

At 4:53 PM, Blogger kfawell said...

Isn't it amazing how our children can makes us feel strong emotions that are spontaneous and new? Yesterday I took Max in a stroller while I jogged, and I felt lucky, even privileged to have the chance to do so. I expect many moments when I will be moved in a way that is only possible because now I am a parent. I whole new dimension to life is available to us. Very odd. I often think now how I am only beginning to realize just what effects a child can have on a person, so sad things like a child moving away or dying seem unbelievably painful. (I often end up thinking about losses when faced with strong emotional ties. What can I say?)

 
At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Roy thinks it changed who he is. After having kids something strong in his biology went through and completely re-wired the way his brain reacts to things.

Steve may recall that I started to feel this way while I was pregnant. We were at a point in the game where the best way to do the right thing was to stage a kidnapping. I almost couldn't handle it and my character wasn't even directly involved.

-Karen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home