Sunday, October 07, 2007

Kids and serious injury.

We just got back from the hospital where Will has spent the last 44 hours (or so).
Without going into endless detail, he fell onto a loose stiff wire which had broken in our laundry basket. It punctured his tummy, and lacerated his liver. Bad! Very bad.
Carly and I were in various states of hysteria Friday night and much of Saturday.
My advice, don't let your child get internal injuries. It isn't as glamorous as it sounds.
By Saturday night, it turned into patient waiting for waiting patients, and just plain fatigue, there was little they could do, and we were mostly just waiting for Will to stabilize.
By Sunday afternoon, he had stabilized, improved, and we were clawing at the door trying to escape.

He mostly just needed time to heal up. And apparently, given he is currently spinning around and playing with a torpedo, he has.

It is good to be home.

3 Comments:

At 9:00 PM, Blogger Matthew said...

Oh my god. That must have been terrifying. I'm very glad that Will's OK and hope that you two will recover from the stress soon.

--Matthew

 
At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry! I hope you are all recovering as well and I sincerely wish you a boring and uneventful year.

Karen

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Jeff Pollet said...

I somehow missed this post before Steve. I'm so sorry you and C had to go through that (and will!). This is exactly the sort of thing I constantly think about when babysitting Max (kareem and Jessie's kid). Ack. Maybe I'll just hold him on my lap the whole time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home