Friday, February 27, 2004

Driving....

I spent most of the day with little Sophie today. School was cancelled so I had the day off. Carly went to a consignment sale. So this afternoon, I thought I would get a couple of hours of downtime, reading the local weekly paper, maybe browsing some gaming materials... Well, that didn't really work. The first place I went to had a bad vibe, it was really crowded and I didn't have any cash.
I drove up a major arterial thinking I would find some kind of bookstore or coffeeshop. I scanned every stripmall along the way. No luck. Finally a coffeeshop. I park and look in, no sign of a paper rack, so I wander the mall for twenty minutes looking for another, no luck. Oh well, I'll just get some coffee I think. I head to the door, it is locked. They were closed.

I keep driving, suddenly I am way in the boonies. No point continuing there. I end up of all places at the big Mall nearby. They have a barnes and ignoble. So I stop there have a cup. I wander around and find that there is nothing of interest to me. The coffee shop is sanitary and sterile.

A call from Carly brought me home. I did manage to do something productive. I bought some dinner, and some cooking supplies. So it wasn't a complete waste.

This is one problem I have with Raleigh. It has almost no neighborhoods, little character, and very few places where one can sit down and relax. I miss that from San Francisco, and even Albuquerque. There were always little independent places. All Raleigh has is the big chain stores and a couple small places near the university. But those are pretty much only open during School hours.

How does one attract and maintain such places? I really don't know, I assume people like that sort of thing. Places with character, famaliar faces: bars, coffee shops, bookstores, game stores, etc.. Where are they all?

Reply to this Post

1 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

The next day I went to Shanghai, we started a jimmy choo shoes
new project, I told co-workers, not to please any media reporter, media attention than when we started this project, but my piece of microblogging. To attend a groundbreaking ceremony to lead a meeting said to me, you gianmarco lorenzi shoes
become a unit of measurement. In the airport, almost all of them to see me smile after all muzzled away, as if I did not like to wear clothes. In fact, these are all discontent of commercial housing prices were so high performance. The yearshermes birkin bags
our company had almost no development of residential, we dissatisfaction is the christian louboutin shoes
dissatisfaction with housing prices too high, but I have Nanbian. In the case of the purchase, housing prices in the end there may be lower, now at the most critical moment. Residential developers will not cut prices, from their hearts,christian louboutin sale
the only difficulties in the financial chain, and even fracture risk, they will make the price of the option price is all the way to the last choice. However, we see that in the purchase and limited to purchase of the two market environment, changes in price impact of trading volume is completely different. To illustrate this situation, I drew a diagram on the iPad, and we can discuss.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home