Monday, November 28, 2005

Don't fear the sprinkles!

I have to record this so I can hold it against Will when he is older.
We have this video from Baby Einstein for the holidays. I am not sure I understand the fascination, but it is like a snake charmer to both Sophie and Will. And at 5pm (aka the Whining Hour) we are AOK with BabyValium in video form.

So anyway, there are various scenes of kids and puppets enjoying holiday scenes, ornaments, presents, snowmen, etc..

There is one scene where the star (a hand puppet reindeer) is decorating a gingerbread man. Will finds this scene absolutely terrifying. He starts to cry early into it, and when the reindeer appears in a startling fashion covered in powdered sugar, Will totally loses it. I try to keep the remote handy so I can fast forward past the scene, but it is truly a sight. It is probably wrong to laugh at him, but I can't help it.
Will will now start to fuss as the video gets close to that scene even without seeing it.
Sophie is getting in the spirit as well. She will jump up and run away laughing in mock fear from the scene, but then run back to watch the conclusion.

Reminds me of my humiliating sleep over and the C-Movie "Green Slime" when I was a kid. I was petrified. Just caught a couple minutes of that on TV the other week, ah memories.

1 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ian is afraid of the car wash. I was afraid of claymation.
-Karen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home