Monday, November 14, 2005

Tool Time

Had a busy weekend.. lots of little jobs that needed getting done, got done! Amazing.
I needed to get up into the attic and fix the ladder to the attic. It wasn't entirely non-functional, it was just hanging there from the springs rather than the bolts... a death trap basically. But I was able to get it fixed and tightened the various bolts, most of which were hiding in a space about a centimeter wide. So using tools in that space presented new challenges. Using scotch tape, and holdin gscrew-drivers like chopsticks apparantly did the trick.
I get more satisfaction from repairing things like that, using my hands, figuring out things, than I do from most other activities.

With the ladder now functional, we were able to move the baby gear Will has grown out of up into storage. It is held hostage to our reproductive urges. Currently, we find two children more than enough. But, something in me tells me we might want more. Both Carly and I are hesitent to give away this stuff until we are sure one way or another. Neither of us wants any more kids any time soon. That much I know. But the house feels slightly less claustophobic with the strollers, exersaucer, car seat and other gear safely stowed.
We also got around to assembling Will's future crib. He has been sleeping in a Pack-n-play for that last few months (after graduating from the co-sleeper). He hasn't been feeling well lately (and Carly suspects the Flu shot may have made him feel worse), so we are hesitent about moving him into the same room as Sophie. Still we have put that crib in there, and moves the furniture around. Luckily my experience with a tiny office has made me master of efficient design. Well that and Carly has measured every piece of furniture in the room, so it was pretty easy. That is set up, and we hope to start slowly moving Will into the shared room (naps first, then over night).
I also cleaned out the Fridge (2 year old Tofu was the endurance champion).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home