Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Day 17? 18?


So we are all still sick. Carly and I are sicker than before. Not fun.
But tonight as we were getting the kids ready for bed they wandered off (prolonging the experience, as they are wont to do). They were in the play room, and then Sophie started crying. Will has been biting lately, so we feared another.
Carly: "What happened?"
Sophie: "Will pinched me."
Carly: "Why did Will pinch you?"
Steve: "Did you do something to Will?"
Sophie: "I was trying to hug him."
Carly and Steve "Awwwww.."
Steve: "Sophie, you need to ask Will if he wants a hug."
Carly: "If he says 'no' you leave him alone, okay."
Sophie: "I'll try that!"
Sophie runs off.
Sophie: "Oww!"
Carly and Steve Laugh cruelly.
Carly: "Sophie what happened?"
Sophie: "Will pushed me!"
Steve: "Why?"
Sophie: "Because I gave him a hug."
Carly: "If he says 'no' you have to leave him alone. He doesn't want a hug."
Steve: "If he doesn't want a hug, just stay away from him. Understand?"
Sophie: "Okay. I'll try again!"

3 Comments:

At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marge "sigh... Kids can be so cruel"
Bart: "We can? Thanks Mom!"

 
At 12:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's funny jeff was just discussing the concept of eternal recurrence.

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Can't blame a kid for being persistent in her hugs...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home