Friday, March 02, 2007

No Sleep

Our one day record of sleeping through the night was quashed last night. Will appeared to sleep a couple hours at a time, but was howling throughout the night. Sometime around 3am or so, I stuffed cotton in my ears, but I could still hear him (interesting evolutionary adaption, children's cries are in a frequency no one can ignore). So again, we are zombies.
Will seems to have suffered from his lack of sleep, he is irritable and short tempered this morning. I am ambivalent about that. I sometimes feel a little resentment when the kids keep us up all night but seem totally unaffected by their own lack of sleep. So, part of me is thinking "serves you right." But then, it is us (Carly mostly) who really suffer from ornery kids, so it doesn't really benefit anyone.
Sophie amazingly, despite being in the room with him all night, appears unfazed by the experience. I don't know whether she slept through it (which she frequently does) or just rolls with it. Kudos to her.

2 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You haven't posted anything since, so I don't know if the pattern continued to hold, but it makes perfect sense that it'll be on an every other night schedule for a while. If he's so exhausted from the night before that he sleeps well, he won't be as tired the next night.

The foam earplugs might help you get a little more sleep, if you haven't already tried them.

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Scholz said...

I don't want to "jinx" it, but we've had two reasonable nights of sleep. What a difference it makes. We are all still a little sick, but we are definitely less tired and grumpy, all around.
Our compromise, short term vs long term, is that while were are normally awaken (to about 10-11pm) we will go in and intervene in bedtime crying. After that we won't. So far, so good.
I've heard Will a few times, but generally either he gets himself back to sleep, or I am able to sleep through it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home