Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Take your bets.

I have been summoned for Jury Duty starting next week. I have a pretty high number 172, so there is a good chance I won't even need to go in. But feel free to use the comments section, oh loyal reader, to predict the outcome of this.

(a) I will not need to go in.
(b) I will need to go in, spend the day sitting in the county courthouse, then ben discharged without doing anything.
(c) I will be interviewed for a case and dismissed when I utter the words "Philosophy Professor."
(d) I will be interviewed for a case and be dismissed when I utter the words "Critical Thinking, and Ethics."
(e) I will be placed on a jury, only to have the case plead out before trial.
(f) I will be placed on a jury and actually hear a case.
(g) I will be sequestered for months and be prohibited from viewing the Daily Show and Colbert Report.
(h) Other?

3 Comments:

At 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What, no "admit you're a gamer, and you want to be on the jury because it will make great material for your next adventure"?

 
At 12:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I got called for jury duty I wasn't asked anything at all about my job. They asked about matters directly pertaining to the case and if we knew anyone involved in the case personally. So I got to hear a case.

Karen

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I vote for (c). I once got dismissed for being a philosophy *student*.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home