Saturday, June 12, 2004

Cherrios and Genius

When people ask me about what it is like to have a 7 month old daughter.
I say this.

This week Sophie started eating cherrios. It required a fair amount of manual dexterity and several tries before she got it.
But when she did, when she was able to reach across the table and pull the little cherrio to her mouth, then chop down on it with her little new teeth, even the little ones still covered by a thin layer of skin..... I kept thinking to myself.

MY DAUGHTER IS A GENIUS!

I guess that is what parenthood means to me.
It is pretty cool, I mean, she did it almost all by herself. We just put the cherrios in front of her.
Hey why I am defending her to you? Or am I just talking to myself.

1 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, Blogger Jeff Pollet said...

I'm having similar experiences with my new nephew, Max, and he's a newborn. I mean, the other day I was holding him and I actually looked up at told everybody, "Hey, everybody, he's yawning! Check it out!"

I mean, YAWNING??!! That's an accomplishment?

And how.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home