Friday, July 09, 2004

Yardwork God...er scratch that

So I did a load of yard work yesterday and today. I trimmed the hedges by our AC, faught off some kudzu creeping in from our neighbor's yards, pruned some trees, edged and mowed the lawns. It was a lot of work...keep in mind it gets to be 90 degrees and 90% humidity by about 9am, so it can be pretty scary. How landscapers work here I can't imagine.

It took a little longer thatn I expected due to my Low Dexterity. Not once, but twice, I severed the power cord to the hdege trimmers. Twice! The first time made sense, well, it could be explained. I was deep in the hedges clearning a path (at least one foot wide for meter readers). Wielding the power trimmers in the close quarters (-4 To hit and AC) was difficult, not to mention the low visibility (20% miss chance). I over course thought I had broken both the wire and the trimmer (borrowed from my cousin), I check the latter with another cord and it wouldn't work, so in anger and guilt I went to Lowes to get new ones. I did.

Then Carly reminded me that the power outlets might have tripped a circuit breaker, which they did, so now I have a new trimmer! Back to work I did it again. This time I was balancing on a ladder swing the trimmers, reaching as far as I can. Sigh. Luckily the cords are cheap, I just feel pretty stoopid. But the yard looks nice. I filled six big bags with waste which will have to sit in my back yard until next week for pickup.

I was so hot and sweaty. It was ridiculous. My blue jeans were soaking wet. That is a first.

2 Comments:

At 5:29 PM, Blogger Jeff Pollet said...

One word: Shorts.

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger Scholz said...

Too many thorns.. and bugs... billions of them....both.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home