Monday, September 06, 2004

Goodbye Office

Andy and I broke down our office desk this morning.
Making room for baby #2.
A little history. Since moving out of my parents' home I've never really had the desk I wanted. Small spaces and lots of roommates left little room for a big desk. For the longest time, I had a this armoired desk that barely fit a computer much less anything else. School work was a pain, but gaming was nearly impossible. Especially if you knew the sort of stuff I was doing at the time. Then when I moved to Raleigh I finally got the desk I wanted. I was huge. It filled the window area of our apartment, and later a whole room in our house. It wasn't beautiful, but it was big. It was a cubicle style desk with a hutch, and ell so the desk formed a big C shape. I could spread out quite a bit there. Of course, when we added the printer, and the paper cutter the space got smaller, but once I got rid of the desktop, it was still big.
Well, it is now gone.
No big loss really. I look forward to using the space for other purposes in the future. And it is a much lighter space now. I am full of hope. Sadly, it does mean I need to go through the room and purge it of files, old books, and maybe even my collection of KODT. Oh well, it needs to be done.

So what is this symbolic of? Umm.. come on people help me out here.

5 Comments:

At 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are far more organized than we are. Baby #2 is here learning to roll over and we still haven't cleared out the 3rd bedroom for him. He's bunking with us for now.

-Karen

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Scholz said...

It was really just a convenient time issue mainly. I didn't want to throw the desk away, it was not cheap. And Andy and my Cousin are setting up a new restaurant "Cindy's House" in downtown Cary (nearish). They have a small office but no desk. Timing just worked out that way.
We plan on keeping "Baby X" in our room for the first few months as well, though maybe not quitee as long as Sophie was there (4 months). We got so much more sleep after we moved her, and she is fine, we might feel strongly motivated to that for X as well.

 
At 8:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations on baby 2 karen!

aw steve... c'mon the 1/2 bedroom on russian hill with the plastic roller m,att with teh pokey sharp thing son its bottom side _and_ futon was pretty sweet... you even had the one screen saver that has ever interested morpheus...

good luck with kid the second

lex

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger kfawell said...

Dumping the KODT collection? Uh, whoa! Well, I have not read the other posts, so maybe you have changed your mind, or someone beat me too it, but I will hold onto your KODT collection. Or do you mean, you are simply going to move it from it prominent location to storage?

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Scholz said...

Sorry Kareem. They are in the recycling bin. I took to heart the message that a collection is only worth keeping if you keep looking at them. And since I didn't, I dumped them.
Sorry man, I should have asked first.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home